Party Pay Terms & Conditions
NOTE (October 2022): Visible is changing our Party Pay experience. As of August 17, 2022, Party Pay will not be offered as part of our new network and the Visible or Visible+ plans. Party Pay members on our Visible Unlimited plan will continue to be able to join and switch a Party, and receive Party Pay discounted Visible service of $25, $30, or $35 per month. The below Party Pay terms will continue to apply as long as you remain in a Party. Visible reserves the right to update our Party Pay terms, eligibility and availability at any time, so please continue to check this page for the latest terms applicable to Party Pay.
Party Pay Overview
Party Pay allows you to get Visible Unlimited service for less than the standard $40/mo/line service charge. Each Visible Unlimited member in a party of four or more pays $25/mo/line for service. In a party of three, each member pays $30/mo/line. In a party of two, each member pays $35/mo/line.
How it Works
1. You get started by joining a party after you activate from a list of open parties presented on the main Party Pay page. Note: as of August 17, 2022, new members are no longer able to join a party.
2. If other Visible Unlimited Members want to join your, the person must sign in and visit the Party Pay page and enter the Party name under the Party Pay section to join the party.
Important Plan Limitations
1. Once you join a party, you can choose to leave the party, but you cannot remove other members of the party.
2. If you leave a party, you can rejoin the same party or another active party, as long as that party is active and available when searching on the Party Pay tab.
3. Visible reserves the right to change the name/details of a party, suppress a party from discovery by other members, and/or dissolve a party, with or without notice to you, for any reason at all, including (but not limited to) if the name is inappropriate, offensive, or derogatory or infringes on the rights of any other person or entity. Any decision to alter or dissolve a party or party’s name/details is at Visible’s sole discretion.
4. Visible reserves the right to promote your party to existing members or promote/reference your party in any external forum or media. By creating or joining a party, you consent to Visible’s right to promote and publicize the party.
1. The Party Pay discount applies to everyone in the party, but each member manages their own account and pays their own service charges.
2. The party discount is applied to your second month of Visible Unlimited service and is based on the number of active members in the party at the time your payment is made. For example, if there are 3 active members in your party when your payment is made, your monthly Visible service is $30.
3. If a party member is no longer in good standing (e.g., misses a payment or lapses service, pauses service, cancels the account, or leaves Visible), the monthly service amount will increase for the remaining members in the party starting with the next month’s service payment if there are less than four members remaining in the party at the time the next month’s payment becomes due.
4. If a party member changes plans to Visible or Visible+, the member who changes plans will lose their Party Pay discount. The remaining party members will continue to receive the same monthly discounted service amount without change as long as the former party member remains in good standing on any Visible service plan and there are four or more members remaining in the party (or, for former party members who switched plans, as long as they continue to maintain Visible service on any service plan).
For purposes of illustration, this means that if there are four members in a party and one member switches to the Visible+ plan, the three remaining members in the party will continue to pay the same discounted amount as before. If however, that member terminates their Visible service, then the remaining three members in the party will have their next month’s service payment increased by $5 unless they add another member to their party, or unless they switch to a new party with 4 or more members.
5. If a member joins a party or switches from one existing party to another party, that member will immediately begin enjoying the new party’s rate at their next payment date. The only exception is for a member using autopay who is trying to join a new party within 36 hours prior to their payment due date. In this scenario, the member will enjoy the new party’s rate the month following their next payment.
1. We display a limited amount of information about party members in the following circumstances:
- To know how many current members are in your party
- In email communications related to activity for your party
- To anyone who accesses the Party Pay’s web page.
2. When you leave the party or have a lapse in service or terminate your account, other members of the party will be able to see that there is one less member of the party, but they will not be able to see the reason you left the party or the identity of who left the party. We will also send you a communication about this change in party membership if it impacts your payment amount.
3. If you invite someone to join a party by providing the person’s email address to Visible, the person won’t receive any other communications from Visible unless they’re subscribed to our communications.
4. Visible will not provide contact details for the members of a party or any Visible subscriber.
5. In order to join a party, we don’t require you to provide information beyond what we collect to establish your account and provide service.
Learn more about PartyPay in our Help Center: https://www.visible.com/help/
Updated Oct 2022
Bring a Friend (Referral Program) Terms and Conditions
Bring a Friend Program Overview
NOTE: Effective May 26th, 2022 we have updated our Bring a Friend program. As of this date, the value of our Referrals credits - both prospective and banked - will change from applying as a future $5 month to now apply as $20-off the next month’s service cost. The Visible New Member offer, when available, will be combinable with the new $20-off credits.
If you refer a new member to Visible, and the new member activates service, Both you and your friend’s next month’s all-in service costs will be reduced by $20. You can bank up to 12 referrals, so if you refer 12 new members who activate service with Visible, your all-in service costs will be reduced by $20 per month for each of the next 12 months (and the 12 new members you referred will each have received $20 off their first month of service). Learn more about the Referral Program in our Help Center: https://www.visible.com/help/
How it Works
1. Active Visible members can access a unique Bring a Friend code that they can share with non-customers.
2. To find your Bring a Friend code Log-in to your account and visit your Bring a Friend page (in the Account>Referrals section, click on the ‘Learn more’ button under the Bring a Friend credit section) to access your Bring a Friend code
3. Send your Bring a Friend code or the link to your Bring a Friend URL to a friend, family member or prospective customer through traditional channels (email, private message, etc.), or by clicking the ‘Copy code’ link on your Bring a Friend page.
4. If a prospective customer - someone who has never previously had Visible service - uses your Bring a Friend code they will receive $20 off their first month of service, which will be applied at the time they activate new service with Visible, then you will automatically have a Bring a Friend credit applied to your account.
5. If you have a Bring a Friend credit banked in your account, your next month’s all-in cost will be automatically reduced by $20.
6. You can have 12 Bring a Friend credits banked at any time. If you refer more than 12 new members while you have 12 credits banked, you will still only receive the maximum of 12 credits.
1. For you to receive a Bring a Friend credit, a new member you refer must (1) activate Visible service and (2) use your Bring a Friend code at the time of activation. In other words, you will not receive a Bring a Friend credit if the potential new member fails to complete their activation or fails to use your Bring a Friend code if they activate.
2. Bring a Friend credits are not transferrable, have no cash value and may not be redeemed for cash. Bring a Friend credits will be applied against service charges, and will not be used to offset any other charges. For example, Bring a Friend credits will not be applied to cover taxes and fees (though the taxes and fees will still be included in the all-in cost you pay when you use a credit), device charges, insurance costs or any other non-service cost.
3. Bring a Friend credits will only apply if you remain a member in good-standing and continue to maintain Visible service. If you terminate, suspend, or let your account lapse, any banked Bring a Friend credits may be voided as well and may no longer be applicable for future service. If your account terminates and you reactivate in the future, while we’ll be very happy to have you back, any previously voided Bring a Friend credits may not be restored. Visible retains sole discretion in determining whether credits are voided
4. The Bring a Friend program is subject to change, modification, or cancellation at any time in Visible’s sole discretion, with or without notice.
5. If there is any fraud, abuse, or shenanigans (for example, creating fake accounts or using false credentials to create accounts) used in connection with the Bring a Friend program or to game the distribution of Bring a Friend codes or collection of Bring a Friend credits, Visible reserves the right to void credits and exercise any other rights available under the Visible Customer Agreement.
6. Friend Codes can be stacked with certain other Promotions, but only where indicated in the promotional terms and conditions. Visible retains the right to determine which promotions stack or don’t stack with Bring a Friend credits, and promotion stacking is subject to change at Visible’s discretion.
If someone uses your Bring a Friend code to activate a new line of service, there is a notification you would get each time a first through twelfth Bring a Friend was granted. The notification will reveal the first name of who used your Bring a Friend code. No other personal information will be shared when your Bring a Friend code is used, and the first name of the person who uses a code is only shared so referrers can keep track of the status of their referrals.
If someone uses your code to activate, at the moment of their activation, you would receive a notification informing you that someone used your Bring a Friend code, and that a Bring a Friend credit will be applied to reduce your next month’s all-in cost by $20, and any other Bring a Friend credits earned over the next month will be applied to your Visible wallet to use towards future months’ service (up to twelve credits at any time may be banked). You will then be able to see the first names of the people who have used your code in your referrals summary. Please note that you will not be able to see the first name of people who used your code prior to March 2022.
If you use someone else’s Bring a Friend code while activating service, Visible will provide your first name to the person who provided the code. Visible will also notify that person to inform them that their code has been used.
Limited Time Bring a Friend Offers
From time to time, members may be invited to participate in a special, limited time Bring a Friend offers, through which members can earn bonus rewards for meeting certain referral criteria. These rewards are in addition to (and not in lieu of) the normal referral bonus received for each qualifying Bring a Friend referral.
The terms for each limited time offer will be set out in the invitation we may send to members. In order to receive these bonus rewards, the member must meet all criteria laid out in the offer. Completion of requirements will be determined at Visible’s sole discretion. Members are required to enroll in the limited time Bring a Friend offer in order to earn these rewards, and no bonus rewards will be paid out if a member fails to enroll or fails to comply with the requirements set forth in the offer.
Unless otherwise specified, members will only be able to enroll in one limited time Bring a Friend offer at any time.
We will notify members of their eligibility for a bonus offer, whether they’ve met the qualification requirements, and redemption instructions via email. To receive these notifications, please make sure your email and mailing addresses are up to date. Visible is not responsible for any failure to receive notifications if a member fails to keep their contact information current.
Invitations to participate in a limited time offer, and the selection of the members who will be invited to participate, will be sent at Visible’s sole discretion. Visible is not responsible for any member’s failure to receive an invitation, failure to enroll in an offer, or failure to complete the program requirements. Visible cannot guarantee that members will be invited to participate in any particular campaign. Invitations are not transferable, and members may be disqualified from participating in any program for any violation of these terms or the general Bring a Friend terms. Visible reserves the right to change, modify or terminate any limited time offer at any time, for any reason, with or without notice, at our sole discretion.
Visible Trade-in Program Terms and Conditions
You have an opportunity to sell Your Device to Us per these Terms and Conditions. You are under no obligation to do so. If You request to sell Your Device, We will provide You an Offer Amount for purchase. If You accept the Offer Amount and satisfy all other conditions listed below, You will be provided with a Credit and purchase Your Device.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO CAREFULLY UNDERSTAND YOUR RIGHTS AS A PARTICIPANT IN THE TRADE-IN PROGRAM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE TRADE-IN PROGRAM, YOU ENTER INTO A BINDING AGREEMENT WITH THE SIGNAL, WITH OFFICES AT PO BOX 47168, ATLANTA, GA 30362 AND AGREE TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OUTLINED BELOW.
Credit means the Offer Amount or Adjusted Offer for the Device value to be credited by Visible to the same method of payment used to purchase the new device associated with the trade-in.The Credit shall include any promotional benefit paid by Visible. Should You finance Your new device or if the original method of payment is unavailable, Visible will apply Your Credit as a credit card reimbursement or gift card. Separate terms and conditions may apply to gift cards.
Device means Your cellular device or other eligible electronics that We agree to purchase under the Trade-In Program.
Eligibility Criteria means a set of physical and functional conditions that a Device must satisfy for You to receive an Offer Amount under the Trade-In Program. This also may include verifying device ownership, that all security features (such as Find My) are turned off, and that the device was not reported lost or stolen, nor was blacklisted.
Offer Amount or Adjusted Offer means the value, based on Your Device condition, that We will pay to purchase Your Device under the Trade-In Program.
Trade-In Program means an optional program designed for Visible subscribers that provides for Device trade-in services.
We/Us/Our means The Signal as the buyer of the Device You request to trade in under this program.
You and Your means the Device owner and Visible account owner.
By participating in the Trade-In Program, You certify that:
You are over the age of eighteen (18) and are free to enter into this agreement.
You own the Device in full or will pay off any outstanding balance to obtain sole ownership rights to sell the Device to Us. We will not be liable for any balance owed on the Device.
You agree to provide Us with the information necessary to process the trade in request.
You agree to surrender ownership rights to Your Device when You sell it to Us.
Participant Eligibility - To participate in the Trade-In Program, You must be a new or current Visible subscriber. You must also be current and in good standing with the Visible Agreements defined in Section 9.
Offer Eligibility - Your Device must satisfy the Eligibility Criteria to receive the Offer Amount, which is determined by Your responses to the eligibility questions. The Eligibilty Criteria and/or eligibility questions may be changed from time to time at Our sole discretion. We reserve the right to reject trade in requests that do not align with the Eligibility Requirements.
4. Program Limitations
You are permitted to sell one Device per Visible account at the time You activate a new line of service or upgrade an existing line. You must not have completed a trade-in associated with Your account with Visible in the previous 12 months.
5. How to Request Trade-In.
You may contact Visible to request trade-in of Your Device online via the Visible website at www.visible.com.
You will be asked qualifying questions online concerning the Device ownership, condition and functionality prior to Us providing You an Offer Amount. If You agree to the Offer Amount terms, You must turn in Your Device through an approved channel described in Section 6 to receive Credit.
6. Trade-in and Evaluation Process
Prior to surrendering Your Device,
backup Your data;
turn off any security features (including deactivating any passwords and removing the device from Your security account);
erase all data and settings (including passwords and mobile wallet settings) back to factory settings; and
remove Your SIM card and any memory cards.
It is Your responsibility to protect and secure any information that You have on Your Device. Consult Your Device user guide to learn how to erase or remove such information. If Your security features are still active when We receive Your Device, We will send You notice to deactivate this feature as well as an Adjusted Offer for the purchase if You choose not to remove this feature. If Your Device contains any SIM card or memory cards when We receive Your Device, they will not be returned to You.
To complete the trade-in You will receive a confirmation and shipping label by email to ship Your Device to Us. Upon receipt of the Device, We will honor the Offer Amount and process the Credit due if:
We receive Your Device, which matches the make, model, and IMEI of the Device indicated in your answer to the eligibility questions, within the timeframe specified in Our communications to You;
Your Device satisfies the Eligibility Criteria as validated by Us upon receipt; and
All security features on Your Device have been turned off and/or disabled.
If upon receipt of your Device the value of Your Device is determined to be higher than the initial Offer Amount, We will process the trade-in and the Credit due at the higher value, with no further action required by You.
If We receive Your Device after the timeframe specified in Our communications to You or in a different condition than what We agreed (including if security features are active), We will contact You with an Adjusted Offer, which may be as low as $0. If You choose to accept the Adjusted Offer, We will process the Credit due. If You reject the Adjusted Offer, You may request that We return Your Device. If You do not respond within the timeframe specified in Our communications, We will treat that as Your acceptance of the Adjusted Offer, not return Your Device, and process it as a trade-in.
7. Packing and Shipping Your Device
You must ship Your Device to Us using the shipping label and directions provided to You. You must properly package Your Device to avoid damage during shipping.
8. Return of Device
If You ship Your Device to us under the Trade-In Program and subsequently return Your newly purchased device under the terms of Visible’s Returns Policy, We will make every reasonable effort to cancel Your trade-in request and return Your Device to You; however, We cannot guarantee return of Your Device if We have already processed Your Device.
You will not be eligible to receive the Credit if you return Your new device, even if We are unable to return Your Device to You. If Your Credit has already been processed, Visible will address any cancellation of such Credit according to its requirements.
10. Waiver of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SIGNAL, VISIBLE, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF, FROM, OR RELATED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE TRADE-IN PROGRAM REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE) AND REGARDLESS AS TO WHETHER THE SIGNAL, VISIBLE OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. IN THE EVENT OF A COURT OF JURISDICTION FINDS THIS SECTION UNENFORCABLE, YOU AGREE THAT THE EXTENT OF THE SIGNAL’S OR VISIBLE’S LIABILITY SHALL BE NO MORE THAN ONE HUNDREED DOLLARS ($100).
11. Independent Contractor
The Trade-In Program in no way constitutes or gives rise to a partnership, joint venture or other relationship between The Signal and Visible. The Signal operates under these Terms and Conditions as an independent contractor and not as an agent for Visible.
You agree to indemnify and hold The Signal and Visible and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees harmless from any claims or demands, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third parties due to, connected to, or arising out of, Your breach of this agreement, any acts or omissions, or violation of any law or the rights of any third party by You.
13. Dispute Resolution
You understand that Visible is not a party to this trade -in agreement, and that any dispute that may arise with Visible is governed by the Visible Agreements including, and not limited to, the Dispute Resolution and Arbitration provisions set forth under the heading “Dispute Resolution” in Your customer agreement with Visible.
14. Mandatory Arbitration Provision.
THE FOLLOWING ARBITRATION PROVISION ("PROVISION") MUST BE READ CAREFULLY. IT LIMITS CERTAIN OF YOUR RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO OBTAIN RELIEF OR DAMAGES THROUGH COURT ACTION. To begin arbitration, either You or We must make a written demand to the other party for arbitration. All arbitrations shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in accordance with its Consumer Arbitration Rules (“Rules”) in effect at the time the claim is filed. The terms of this Provision shall control any inconsistency between the Rules and this Provision. Upon written request, We will advance to You either all or part of the fees of the AAA and of the arbitrator. The arbitrator will decide whether You or We will be responsible for these fees. Unless You and We agree, the arbitration will take place in the county and state where You live. The Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1, et seq., will govern and no state, local or other arbitration law will apply. IF ANY PORTION OF THIS PROVISION IS DEEMED INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE, IT SHALL NOT INVALIDATE THE REMAINING PORTIONS OF THE PROVISION, EXCEPT THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS PROVISION BE AMENDED OR CONSTRUED TO PERMIT CLASS ARBITRATION OR ARBITRATION ON BEHALF OF ANY INDIVIDUAL OTHER THAN YOU. You agree that any arbitration proceeding will only consider Your claims. Claims by or on behalf of other individuals will not be arbitrated in any proceeding that is considering Your claims. YOU AND WE UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT BECAUSE OF THIS PROVISION, NEITHER YOU NOR WE WILL HAVE THE RIGHT, EXCEPT AS MAY BE PROVIDED ABOVE, TO GO TO COURT, OR TO HAVE A JURY TRIAL, OR TO PARTICIPATE AS ANY MEMBER OF A CLASS OF CLAIMANTS PERTAINING TO ANY CLAIM. California Residents Only – Notwithstanding any other terms of the Provision, which otherwise fully apply, Claims seeking statutorily authorized injunctive relief that, if granted, would have the primary purpose and effect of prohibiting unlawful acts that threaten future injury to the general public may be arbitrated.
You consent to be contacted, for any and all purposes, at any telephone number, or physical or electronic address You provide at the time of Your Trade-In Program enrollment. All notices or requests pertaining to these Terms and Conditions will be in writing and may be sent by any reasonable means including, e.g., by mail, email, facsimile, text message, push notification, or recognized commercial overnight courier. Notices to You are considered delivered when sent to Your Device or by email or fax number You provided, or three (3) days after mailing to Your billing address.
16. Waiver; Severability
The failure of either party to require performance by the other party of any provision of these Terms and Conditions will not affect the full right to require such performance at any time thereafter; nor will the waiver by either party of a breach of any provision of these Terms and Conditions be taken or held to be a waiver of the provision itself. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is unenforceable or invalid under any applicable law so held by applicable court decision, such unenforceability or invalidity will not render these Terms and Conditions unenforceable or invalid as a whole and in such event, such provisions will be changed and interpreted so as to best accomplish the objectives of such unenforceable or invalid provision within the limits of applicable law or applicable court decisions.
BY ACCEPTING THE OFFER AMOUNT OR ADJUSTED OFFER, YOU (A) AGREE TO THE TERMS IN THIS DOCUMENT; (B) TRANSFER OWNERSHIP OF YOUR DEVICE TO THE SIGNAL; AND (C) UNDERSTAND THAT THE SIGNAL IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO RETURN THE DEVICE ONCE YOU HAVE SHIPPED IT TO US.