Party Pay Terms & Conditions
Party Pay Overview
Party Pay allows you to get Visible service for less than the standard $40/mo/line service charge. Any Visible member can create a party with two or more Visible members. In a party of four or more, each member pays $25/mo/line for service. In a party of three, each member pays $30/mo/line. In a party of two, each member pays $35/mo/line.
How it Works
1. You get started by sharing the link to your Party Pay page to invite someone to join your party.
2. If you invite someone who is not a Visible customer, the person first has to sign up for and activate Visible service through your Party Pay page or by entering your Party name under the Party Pay section under their account section after signing in.
3. If you invite someone who is an active Visible customer, the person must sign in through the Party Pay page or enter the Party name under the Party Pay section on their account to request to join the party.
4. You or another party member have to confirm acceptance of the invitation in order for that person to join the party. The same steps must be followed for every subsequent member who joins a party.
Important Plan Limitations
1. Several requirements must be met for a party to be formed: First, a Party Pay member must be an active customer. Second, the person who was invited must accept the invitation. Third, the person who was invited must have their acceptance confirmed by a member of the party. That is when a party is formed.
2. Inviting a person to join your party does not mean you have formed a party. If a person does not accept your invitation, your service is not active, or if a member of the party does not confirm the person’s acceptance, a party has not been formed.
3. If you request to join a party, your request may be rejected by a party member. In that event, Visible will notify you by email or via notification on your phone. To save money on your service, you would have to join another party or form a new party.
4. You can invite someone to join a party by providing the person’s email address to Visible (see https://www.visible.com/account/party). Visible will send an email inviting the person to join your party (and to become a member, if the person is not one already). If you invite someone who has notified Visible that he or she does not wish to receive communications from Visible, that person will not receive the invitation. You can always send the Party Pay web page link directly to the person with a link inviting them to join your party (see https://www.visible.com/account/party).
5. Once a party has been formed, you can choose to leave the party, but you cannot remove other members of the party.
6. Visible reserves the right to change the name of a party with or without notice to you, for any reason at all, including (but not limited to) if the name is offensive or derogatory..
1. The Party Pay discount applies to everyone in the party, but each member manages their own account and pays their own service charges.
2. The party discount is applied to your second month of Visible service and is based on the number of active members in the party at the time your payment is made. For example, if there are 3 active members in your party when your payment is made, your monthly Visible service is $30.
3. If a member leaves a party, the monthly service amount will increase for the remaining members in the party starting with the next month’s service payment if there are less than four members remaining in the party at the time the next month’s payment becomes due.
4. If a party member is no longer a Visible customer in good standing (e.g., misses a payment or lapses service, pauses service, cancels the account or leaves Visible), the monthly service amount will increase for the remaining members in the party starting with the next month’s service payment if there are less than four members remaining in the party at the time the next month’s payment becomes due.
1. We display a limited amount of information about party members in the following circumstances:
- When you join a party
- To help you know who is requesting to join your party
- To know how many current members are in your party
- In email communications related to activity for your party
- To anyone who accesses the Party Pay’s web page.
2. When you leave the party or have a lapse in service or terminate your account, other members of the party will be able to see that there is one less member of the party, but they will not be able to see the reason you left the party. We will also send you a communication about this change in party membership.
3. If you invite someone to join a party by providing the person’s email address to Visible, the person won’t receive any other communications from Visible unless they’re subscribed to our communications.
4. Visible will not provide contact details for the members of a party or any Visible subscriber.
5. In order to join a party, we don’t require you to provide information beyond what we collect to establish your account and provide service.
Learn more about PartyPay in our Help Center: https://www.visible.com/help/
Updated February 2021
Referral Program Terms and Conditions
Referral Program Overview
If you refer a new member to Visible, and the new member activates service, your next month’s all-in service costs will be reduced to $5. You can bank up to 12 referrals, so if you refer 12 new members who activate service with Visible, the all-in service costs will be reduced to $5 per month for each of the next 12 months. Learn more about the Referral Program in our Help Center:: https://www.visible.com/help/
How it Works
1. Active Visible members will be given a unique referral code that they can share with non-customers.
2. To find your referral code:
- If you joined Visible before 2/9/21, check your email. Visible will email you your code on February 9, 2021.
- Log-in to your account and visit your referral page (in the Account section, click on the ‘Learn more’ button under the Referral credit section) to access your referral code
3. Send your referral code to a friend, family member or prospective customer through traditional channels (email, private message, etc.), or by clicking the ‘Copy code’ link on your referral page.
4. If a prospective customer - someone who has never previously had Visible service - uses your referral code at the time they activate new service with Visible, then you will automatically have a referral credit applied to your account.
5. If you have a referral credit banked in your account, your next month’s all-in cost will be automatically reduced to $5.
6. You can have 12 referral credits banked at any time. If you refer more than 12 new members while you have 12 credits banked, you will still only receive the maximum of 12 credits.
1. For you to receive a referral credit, a new member you refer must (1) activate Visible service and (2) use your referral code at the time of activation. In other words, you will not receive a referral credit if the potential new member fails to complete their activation or fails to use your referral code if they activate.
2. Referral credits have no cash value and may not be redeemed for cash. Referral credits may only be applied to service charges, and may not be used to offset any other charges. For example, referral credits may not be applied to cover taxes, fees, device charges, insurance costs or any other non-service cost.
3. Referral credits will only apply if you remain a member in good-standing and continue to maintain Visible service. If you terminate, suspend or let your account lapse, any banked referral credits may be voided as well and may no longer be applicable for future service. If your account terminates and you reactivate in the future, while we’ll be very happy to have you back, any previously voided referral credits may not be restored. Visible retains sole discretion in determining whether credits are voided.
4. The referral program is subject to change, modification or cancellation at any time in Visible’s sole discretion.
5. If there is any fraud, abuse, or shenanigans (for example, creating fake accounts or using false credentials to create accounts) used in connection with the referral program or to game the distribution of referral codes or collection of referral credits, Visible reserves the right to void credits and exercise any other rights available under the Visible Customer Agreement.
If someone uses my referral code to activate a new line of service, there is a notification I would get each time a first through twelfth referral was granted in a given month. The notification will not reveal the identity of who used my referral code. If someone uses my code to activate, at the moment of their activation, I would receive a notification informing me that someone used my referral code, and that a first referral credit will take my next month’s all-in cost down to $5, and any other referral credits earned over the next month will be applied to my Visible wallet to use towards future months’ service (up to twelve credits at any time may be banked).
If you use someone else’s referral code while activating service, Visible will not provide your identifying information to the person who provided the code. Visible will only notify that person to inform them that their code has been used.
Updated February 2021
Cash Payments Overview and Terms of Service
Cash Payments Overview
Make cash payments of $40 for your Visible service at over 12,000 Wells Fargo ATM machines nationwide. The Visible member does not have to be a Wells Fargo customer to use Cash Payments. Using a mobile phone, a Visible member can utilize a map view to find nearby ATM locations that accept cash payments, including the address and hours of operation. At the ATM, the Visible member can use the Visible app or mobile website to generate a unique, time sensitive ‘access code’ that is entered into the ATM to begin the transaction. The member can place $40 cash into the ATM, and the payment will be validated and posted to the member’s Visible account in under 30 seconds.
How it Works
1. Log-in to the Visible app or mobile website within 7 days of the member’s bill-due date.
2. Navigate to the Account section, scroll-down to the payment options and select ‘Cash’.
3. On the next screen, locate Wells Fargo ATM’s by selecting ‘Find a Wells Fargo ATM’.
4. Select the ‘Get access code’ button to generate a time-sensitive access code to enter at the ATM. The access code lasts only for 5 minutes, so the member should be in proximity to the ATM.
5. At a Wells Fargo ATM that accepts cash payments, select the ‘Use Access Code’ option from the bottom-right of the ATM screen.
6. Type in the access code. If the code has expired, the app/mobile site will take the member to the previous page to select ‘Get access code’ to generate a new access code.
7. Once the access code has been entered into the ATM, the ATM screen will verify the amount due and give steps of how to place cash into the ATM machine.
8. Place the $40 payment into the machine. Any underpayment or overpayment (a payment of other than $40) will result in the amount submitted into the ATM being immediately returned to the user, and the payment will not be processed.
9. Once the member has properly placed exactly $40 into the ATM, the machine will validate the funds, display a successful payment confirmation, and print a payment confirmation receipt.
10. Within 30 seconds, a successful payment message will appear in the mobile website/app, and the member’s bill due date will immediately update to the following month. The member has now completed their cash payment transaction for Visible service
1. Cash payments are limited to payments of exactly $40, if a member owes a different amount (including if the member is in a Party Pay group and has a monthly cost of $35 or less) the functionality will be greyed-out and unusable.
2. Cash payments can only be used for monthly service payments, or for payments to re-activate from a lapsed state (which must occur within 60 days of the last bill due date).
3. Only a payment amount of exactly $40 will be accepted. If the user tries to make a partial payment or place a denomination greater than $40 into the ATM machine, the transaction will be cancelled and the money will be returned.
4. No more than 30 bills can be used for a cash payments transaction.
5. In the rare instance of an ATM jam during a cash payment transaction, an additional payment might be required (via another ATM, Paypal or Venmo) to keep a user’s service active. However, after the ATM jam has been investigated (within 48 hours), any funds validated to have been deposited during the jam will be credited to the user’s mobile wallet for their following month(s) service.
6. If a user is deemed responsible for creating two ATM jams, cash payments functionality will be unavailable for future Cash Payments transactions at any Wells Fargo ATM.
1. In order to use cash payment functionality, you must be logged-in to the Visible mobile app or mobile website.
2. No personally identifiable information (PII) will be transmitted between Wells Fargo and Visible in regards to cash payments. A non-identifiable ‘GUID’ or Globally Unique Identifier code will be generated to help facilitate the cash payment transaction between Wells Fargo and Visible, but no PII will be transmitted or viewable during this experience.
If there are any questions or issues surrounding the usage of Cash Payments functionality, the member should reach-out to Visible’s Care team via the website or mobile app for assistance. Wells Fargo will direct consumer questions and support needs to Visible Care. Support needs could include, but are not limited to:
1. ATM is not accepting cash payments.
2. Deposit/payment functionality is not working.
3. Unable to make payment after access code is entered into ATM.
4. Deposit/payment was rejected.
5. ATM is out of paper and cannot print receipt.
6. ATM jams during the cash payment transaction.
Learn more about Cash Payments in our Help Center:: https://www.visible.com/help/
Important Legal Terms
THESE CASH PAYMENT TERMS OF SERVICE SUPPLEMENT THE VISIBLE SERVICE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. PLEASE REVIEW THESE LEGAL TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY. THESE TERMS ARE SUBJECT TO THE MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISION IN YOUR VISIBLE SERVICE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, WHICH REQUIRES THAT DISPUTES ARE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL AND WITHOUT RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY AND NOT A CLASS-ACTION OR CONSOLIDATED BASIS.
When you use the Cash Payments feature at Wells Fargo ATM machines, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service (“Terms”), so read them carefully. If you don’t agree to all of these Terms, then don’t use Cash Payment.
We reserve the right to change or modify these Terms at any time and in our sole discretion. If we make changes to these Terms, we will provide notice of such changes by updating the date of these Terms. Any changes or additions will be effective immediately. You should frequently review these Terms if you continue to use Cash Payments.
By using Cash Payments, you represent and warrant that you have full power and authority to agree to these Terms. Visible reserves the right to terminate your access to and use of Cash Payments at any time.
3. Bill Payment Terms
Wells Fargo has agreed to act as a payment agent for Visible and to make payment to Visible directly. Visible will treat confirmation of your cash payment as payment by you, even if for any reason Wells Fargo does not make the corresponding payment to Visible. Therefore, you are not at risk of having to pay twice.
When you make a payment at a Wells Fargo ATM, Wells Fargo will:
(1) Create an information record for you; and
(2) Process payments on a timely and accurate basis per Visible’s instructions, and Wells Fargo proprietary methods.
Wells Fargo reserves the right to decline any payment request. Wells Fargo also reserves the right to modify ATM locations without notice and cannot guaranty the availability of a specific payment location at any time. There may be times when the Cash Payments functionality is not available, such as for system maintenance, back-ups or failures.
4. User Conduct
By using Cash Payments, you agree You will not use any information provided for Cash Payments for any purpose other than for making lawful payments and completing transactions with Visible. All other uses are prohibited. You will always act reasonably and in good faith in connection with your use of Cash Payments. If Visible or Wells Fargo determine that any use by you does not comply with these Terms, we may prohibit your use of Cash Payments.
In addition, you agree that you are solely responsible for actions and communications undertaken or transmitted under your account, and that you will comply with all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations that relate to your use of or activities.
The trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on within the Cash Payment services (collectively, the “Trademarks”) are the trademarks of Visible, Wells Fargo, and/or their affiliates. The Trademarks may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the owners or the applicable trademark holder. Nothing in these Terms confers any license to Visible’s intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise.
6. Warranty Disclaimers & Limitation of Liability
WE WILL MAKE REASONABLE, GOOD FAITH EFFORTS TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES LAWFULLY IN THE MANNER THAT WE DESCRIBE IN THESE TERMS, WHILE MINDFUL OF YOUR REASONABLE NEEDS AND EXPECTATIONS AND APPLICABLE INDUSTRY STANDARDS OF WHICH WE ARE AWARE. THE CONTENT IS OTHERWISE PROVIDED “AS IS” “WHEN AVAILABLE”. VISIBLE, WELLS FARGO AND ALL THIRD PARTIES EITHER ENTITY HAS CONTRACTED WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES, (collectively the “SUPPLIERS”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, GUARANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, GUARANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE SUPPLIERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, ITS FUNCTIONS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT USE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE, OR FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER COMPONENTS THAT MIGHT CAUSE DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR ANY SURVIVING WARRANTIES WILL BE TO CEASE USE OF THE CONTENT. THE DURATION OF ANY SURVIVING WARRANTY, GUARANTY OR CONDITION THAT CANNOT BE DISCLAIMED WILL NOT EXCEED NINETY DAYS OR ANY LONGER SPECIFICALLY MANDATED PERIOD.
SUPPLIERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO ANYONE FOR ANY DAMAGES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO, OR RESULTING FROM YOUR USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR OPERATION OF THE CONTENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY OR RESULTING FROM RELIANCE BY YOU ON ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM US OR THAT RESULT FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES, ERRORS, DEFECTS, VIRUSES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, WHETHER OR NOT RESULTING FROM ACTS OF GOD, COMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OUR SERVICES. SUPPLIERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE BASED UPON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING, FOR EXAMPLE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, OR STRICT LIABILITY, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY WILL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO USER IF LOSSES RESULT FROM: USE OF THE CONTENT IN A MANNER THAT VIOLATES APPLICABLE LAW OR THESE TERMS OF SERVICE; LOSSES OR DELAYS IN TRANSMISSION OF INSTRUCTIONS ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF ANY INTERNET ACCESS SERVICE OR CAUSED BY ANY BROWSER OR OTHER SOFTWARE; PROVISION OF LATE,
INCORRECT OR INCOMPLETE INFORMATION; MALFUNCTION OR INOPERABILITY OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR SYSTEMS; CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND VISIBLE’S REASONABLE CONTROL, SUCH AS, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, POWER OUTAGES, FIRE, FLOOD, CHANGE OF LAW OR ENFORCEMENT PRACTICES, MECHANICAL, TELECOMMUNICATIONS OR SYSTEMS FAILURES; INABILITY TO CONFIRM USER’S IDENTITY; OR, SUSPECTED FRAUD. YOUR ONLY RECOURSE IF THE NETWORK IS NOT AVAILABLE OR CANNOT COMPLETE A TRANSACTION WHEN PRESENTED IS TO TRY AGAIN LATER OR TO CONTACT VISIBLE FOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT.
IN STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF DAMAGES, VISIBLE’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH EACH TRANSACTION WILL NEVER EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF THE PAYMENT.
At your expense, you will defend and indemnify Visible and its agents, and their affiliates, employees, consultants, service providers, trustees, officers, and directors, and any other third parties Visible uses to provide Cash Payments from and against any and all actual or threatened suits, actions, proceedings (at law or in equity), claims filed against them by any third party, damages suffered by them, costs, liabilities and expenses (including but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of, relating to, or resulting from (a) your use, inability to use, or misuse of or access to the Cash Payments service; (b) from your actual or alleged breach of these Terms; and (c) your violation of the rights of any third party.
8. California Notice
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or toll free (800) 952-5210.
Notwithstanding any of these Terms, we reserve the right, without notice and in our sole discretion, to suspend or terminate your access to Cash Payments, and to block or prevent future access to and use of the service. We will attempt to complete all payment transactions that have begun processing through the functionality at the time of termination that comply with these Terms. We will not be liable to you for the termination of the services or for any consequence arising out of such termination.