Issues: Problem Tracking System
The heart of the Razor package is a highly configurable problem tracking system. Locally defined problem forms present themselves on screen with text fields, text windows, check boxes, radio buttons, etc, for whatever information is important to your work group. For example...
- The estimated effort/cost involved
- Whether the issue is approved for resolution
- The systems to be affected by the proposed change
- Which product release it relates to
- Its priority and phase in your schedule
Each new form is automatically numbered and entered into the Razor database. These forms can then be edited and routed to team members electronically, avoiding the clumsy paper and homegrown systems that have become the norm in many companies. Every change to the form is recorded and time stamped with the user's login name, providing complete accountability for changes. Approval and signature lists can be configured into the system to make the package as open or restrictive as each site deems necessary for its process.